We are currently taking resumes for an in-person position at our cacao shop in north Portland, Oregon.
The ideal candidate for this position is a "people person" who would love to learn all about our ethically sourced cacao model and spend their time helping and teaching people who come into the shop.
Since we are a start-up where things change frequently, the ideal candidate is also adaptable and okay with a sometimes-fast-paced environment.
A part-time position would be mostly focused on FOH duties. We'd consider taking on a full-time position if, in addition to helping with FOH, someone is willing and qualified to also help with more BOH duties (especially e-commerce shipping and product packing).
- Helping and educating customers
- Point-of-sale checkout
- Making drinks using a blender
- Preparing pick-up and delivery orders
- Restocking retail shelves
- Light cleaning
COMPENSATION & HOURS:
SCHEDULE: Shift hours are currently in the 11:15am-6pm range. We are currently open Thurs-Sun but hope to expand soon. We are closed on all federal holidays. Time off is flexible with at least two weeks notice, but unpaid.
- PTO based on hourly accrual
- Free cacao drink with any 4 hour shift
- 10% staff discount on other in-house purchases
- Local employee discount at many shops on Mississippi Ave
- Weekend availability (both Saturday and Sunday) and a willingness to loosely commit to this position for a minimum of one year (not a formal contract).
Food handler card (or willingness to get one) and familiarity with food safety code.
- Effective, mature written and verbal communication skills
No issues taking instructions and working with authority.
Good organization skills and ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Friendly demeanor, but ability to focus quietly when needed
- Ability to work in teams and alone
- Ability to ask for help if something's wrong or you don't know the answer
- Ability to impress customers with your thoughtfulness
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs
- Ability to work mostly on your feet for 4-8 hour shifts.
No use of THC, alcohol, or any mind altering substances within 12 hours of any shift.
No use of THC or large amounts of alcohol in general.
Experience as a barista or doing food prep.
- Experience with raw foods, superfoods, chocolate and/or cacao.
- E-commerce and order fulfillment (shipping) experience.
Experience in a rapidly changing start-up business.
Interest in ethical and sustainable direct trade.
Please email hello [at] soulliftcacao.com with a couple paragraphs about why you're interested, and attach your resume as a PDF (or Docx). Also include two professional references. And name your favorite kind of cacao or chocolate bar. We will only reply to messages that include this!
We'll send a pre-interview survey that helps us select candidates for interviews. Thanks for your interest.
If this isn't the right position for you, you're still welcome to email us your resume and cover letter to be considered for a future position.