Join the Soul Lift Cacao team for a cacao ritual and sharing circle through the magic of online video.
You’ll be amazed how much positive shift and connection can come in a virtual gathering. Everyone makes a cup of cacao at home before tuning in.
Cacao is the natural, unprocessed form of chocolate grown in tropical regions around the world. Most people know cacao as a superfood. It has possibly the highest amount of antioxidants of any food. Cacao contains beneficial minerals like iron and magnesium. And the main active compound, theobromine, gives a boost of energy without the crash or cravings that come from caffeine (which is actually very sparse in this type of cacao).
Yet cacao also has another aspect not spoken about in health food stores. Legends tell of ancient Mesoamerican civilizations using cacao for introspective and celebratory purposes, calling it the “Food of the Gods” and even trading it like currency. This more mysterious "plant medicine" side of cacao offers the potential to put you more in touch with your body and your soul.
HOW IT WORKS
1) Register at the link below and you'll receive the Zoom login info.
2) Make your cup of cacao 10-15 minutes before we start (Watch this video if you need a guide: https://youtu.be/tIIenbOdO8Q – Cacao isn't required to join!)
3) The Zoom call will open about 5 minutes before the start time. Please log in by the start time. To protect the container, entry will close each time at 4:45pm PT.
4) We start with an opening cacao ritual, and then everyone has a chance for a long-form share (4-5 minutes), with the option of receiving reflections from the group.
THE CONTAINER IS CONFIDENTIAL (only take your experience out with you) and CONSENSUAL (everything is an invitation; you decide what's right for you).
• A computer, tablet, or smartphone where you can download the Zoom app
• High-speed Internet connection
• A private room or other indoor space where you won't be disturbed during the session
• Thursdays afternoons (check event page for specific time)
• Hosted by trained Soul Lift Cacao facilitators
• Zoom link provided in your Eventbrite confirmation after registering
• FREE! Optional sliding scale donation to support the facilitator
REGISTER BELOW (if you don’t see the registration window, reload this page):
These are unique opportunities to get a direct experience of the Mayan Cosmovision.
Nana Marina of San Pedro la Laguna (pictured above) makes Tz’utujil ceremonial cacao, which is available in our online shop.
Izaias Mendoza of San Marcos la Laguna makes Lavalove ceremonial cacao.
From Izaias: “Our Cacao ceremonies are attuned with the energies of each day according with the Mayan calendar, use the tools that every energy offers which is many of them to guide each person or group. This helps us to access deeper emotions and connects us with our roots taking us back to our Mother Earth. We use the energies of fire, air, water, earth, sun, clouds, mountain and animals.”